What is Weight Management?
Our comprehensive medically supervised weight loss program has over 35 years of clinical expertise backed by scientific research and patient success stories. The program involves a unique “5 pillars of weight loss approach.”
Pillar 1 – Realization (Initial Visit)
This comes in two forms. Clients seeking help due to an awareness of their obesity or the physician/healthcare practitioner becomes aware of their obesity. Awareness is key! Clients are referred to our program by physicians or health care practitioners where we customize a weight loss plan that works best for them.
Required Diagnostic Testing Includes:
Pillar 2 – Motivation
- Patient-Specific Meal Plan
- Clinically proven meal replacements
- Food Log
- “The Thinderella Syndrome” book by Dennis Gage MD
Pillar 3 – Medication or Nutraceutical Supplements
- Appropriate appetite suppressant therapy
Pillar 4 – Regimentation
- Food and exercise analysis
- Initiation of behavioral technique assignments found in your educational material
Weight Loss Topics
- Slowing down technique
- Place of eating technique
- Physical activity in everyday lifestyle
- Shopping and storing
- Visual cues: modular food (liquid bars/shakes)
- banking, plate, and utensil size
- Restaurant eating
- Cardinal rules of nutrition
- Cognitive techniques
- Alternate activities
- Assertive techniques for sabotage
Pillar 5 – Reorientation (Week #2)
Meet with our RD/CDE to monitor your progress and review behavioral techniques. We recommend downloading the Permanens® weight loss app to ensure accountability and support during the crucial maintenance phase. Learn more at www.Permanens.com.
A repeat of the following testing is necessary to ensure quality weight loss is achieved:
- EKG (dependent on medications)
- Body Composition
- Biophotonic Reading
- CV Profiler
Weight Loss Stories
“I started losing weight because of my granddaughter. My weight was 230 pounds five years ago. When I visited my granddaughter, she said “papa, you are fat, my daddy works out”.
I met Dr. Gage and his Nutritionist five years ago. My A1C was 8.5 or higher. Presently I now weigh 160 pounds and my A1C is 4.8. I can honestly say with their help, they changed my life.”
This patient lost 25 pounds in 6 months!
What Makes our Weight Loss Program Different?
The Permanens® app provides continuous monitoring and contact between
clients and their coach. The sooner a weight regain trend can be detected and an
intervention initiated, the better chances are for a successful weight maintenance
- Educational and interacting tool assists clients in achieving successful,
permanent weight maintenance
- Backed by scientific research
- Innovative, secure weight tracking app that works with android or ios
phone and Bluetooth weight scale.
- App captures early weight regain to “red alert” you to take immediate
- Empowers clients to become more actively involved in their personal