What is Weight Management?
Our comprehensive medically supervised weight loss program has over 35 years of clinical expertise backed by scientific research and patient success stories. The program involves a unique “5 pillars of weight loss approach.”
Pillar 1 – Realization (Initial Visit)
This comes in two forms. Clients seeking help due to an awareness of their obesity or the physician/healthcare practitioner becomes aware of their obesity. Awareness is key! Clients are referred to our program by physicians or health care practitioners where we customize a weight loss plan that works best for them.
Required Diagnostic Testing Includes:
Pillar 2 – Motivation
- Patient-Specific Meal Plan
- Clinically proven meal replacements
- Food Log
- “The Thinderella Syndrome” book by Dennis Gage MD
Pillar 3 – Medication or Nutraceutical Supplements
- Appropriate appetite suppressant therapy
Pillar 4 – Regimentation
- Food and exercise analysis
- Initiation of behavioral technique assignments found in your educational material
Weight Loss Topics
- Slowing down technique
- Place of eating technique
- Physical activity in everyday lifestyle
- Shopping and storing
- Visual cues: modular food (liquid bars/shakes)
- banking, plate, and utensil size
- Restaurant eating
- Cardinal rules of nutrition
- Cognitive techniques
- Alternate activities
- Assertive techniques for sabotage
Pillar 5 – Reorientation (Week #2)
Meet with our RD/CDE to monitor your progress and review behavioral techniques. We recommend downloading the Permanens® weight loss app to ensure accountability and support during the crucial maintenance phase. Learn more at www.Permanens.com.
A repeat of the following testing is necessary to ensure quality weight loss is achieved:
- EKG (dependent on medications)
- Body Composition
- Biophotonic Reading
- CV Profiler
What Makes our Weight Loss Program Different?
The Permanens® app provides continuous monitoring and contact between
clients and their coach. The sooner a weight regain trend can be detected and an
intervention initiated, the better chances are for a successful weight maintenance
- Educational and interacting tool assists clients in achieving successful,
permanent weight maintenance
- Backed by scientific research
- Innovative, secure weight tracking app that works with android or ios
phone and Bluetooth weight scale.
- App captures early weight regain to “red alert” you to take immediate
- Empowers clients to become more actively involved in their personal
Weight Loss Stories
Lost 70 pounds in 14 months!
“I started losing weight because of my granddaughter. My weight was 230 pounds five years ago. When I visited my granddaughter, she said “papa, you are fat, my daddy works out”.
Lost 38 pounds!
“When I met Dr. Gage and his Nutritionist, my A1C was 8.5 and I weighed 188 pounds. As I lost weight, my A1C went down to 4.8. I now weigh 150 pounds. I can honestly say with their help, they changed my life.”